Click the play button above to tune in.

Click this link for more listening options.

Sign up for our mailing list: https://bit.ly/BAGeLNews

Blog below & at bagelradio.com/blog

Monday, October 06, 2008

We're Back!

BAGeL Radio is back on the air. It was down for a couple of hours on Friday morning, and on a couple of brief occassions over the weekend. All apologies for those outages.

Usually I don't have anything bad to say about the folks who do tech support, it's a tough job, but it turns out AT&T tech support was dead wrong. Twice. On Friday I was told they would be overnighting me a new modem. That did not happen.

Turns out the modem that was diagnosed as "dying" is fine, which I discovered by going out and buying a new one and observing that it ran at the same slow speed as the original modem.

Apparently when second tier tech support "tore down and rebuilt" my circuit, they gave me a lesser tier of service than I pay for. A tier that gave me about 1/5 of the speed I should have been getting. That's bad service.

I highly recommend that everyone check the speed of their internet connection to make sure they are getting what they pay for.

No comments: