Click the play button above to tune in.

Click this link for more listening options.

Sign up for our mailing list: https://bit.ly/BAGeLNews

Blog below & at bagelradio.com/blog

Friday, March 09, 2018

"480 Minutes" - You Should Always Keep In Touch With Your Friends


On Wednesday I had the pleasure of seeing Lisa LeBlanc perform for the first time. I loved her before the show, I love her more now. So talented, so personable, such great energy -- go see her if you have a chance. On top of that several dear friends I've had since high school (including one I've known since age 10) showed up, in a snowstorm, to see the show. It was so great to be with people I've known for so long. On top of that, yesterday I got to have lunch with a friend visiting from California who I've known longer than any of those pikers from the night before.  The Wedding Present were right: no matter how it ends/you should always keep in touch with your friends.

After reading that The Orange Menace (that fine fellow who can't even keep it civil when talking with our closest allies, and who just 5 months ago mocked his Secretary of State for even trying to negotiate with "Rocket Man") has accepted Kim Jong Crazypants' invitation to meet for negotiations over North Korea's nuclear program I decided that I'm going to be try to be nice to everyone, even people I truly don't like, and see the ones I like more, and hug the ones I love more often.

Today we will debut new music from The Breeders (Dayton, OH, @thebreeders), Guided By Voices (Dayton, OH, @_guidedbyvoices), Hot Snakes (San Diego, CA), Lucy Dacus (Richmond, VA, @lucydacus), Naked Giants (Seattle, WA, @nakedgiants), Nap Eyes (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, @napeyes), Parquet Courts (Brooklyn, NY via Denton, TX), and Vowws (Sydney, Australia, @vowwsband).
 
Today's show runs from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time and is followed by 2 hours of uninterrupted music.  The show will then be rebroadcast in it's entirety beginning at 7 p.m., then again on Saturday at 5 a.m. and 3 p.m., and one final time on Sunday at 1 a.m., followed by a rebroadcast of this week's Fuzzy Road radio show at 11 a.m.

Tune in!

Get in touch during the live-hosted show hours:
e-mail: ted(at)somafm.com
Twitter: @bagelradio
Yahoo IM/GoogleTalk: bagelradio
Apple Messages: bagelradiolive
facebook.com/bagelradio/
chat with other listeners: https://internet-radio-slack.herokuapp.com


Videos







480 Minutes / Year 14 / Episode 10 - You Should Always Keep In Touch With Your Friends.

No comments: