Click the play button above to tune in.

Click this link for more listening options.

Sign up for our mailing list: https://bit.ly/BAGeLNews

Blog below & at bagelradio.com/blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Broadcast From Norway

So, I'm in Oslo, Norway (see the bottom of this post for why I am in Norway*). Hence the Norwegian flag.

I just had my friend Craig in San Francisco stay up until 2 a.m. Pacific Time helping me get the BAGeL Radio computers there set up so that I can broadcast from here in Norway. Seriously. After several attempts at simple solutions we ended up setting it up so that the one machine I can access remotely is broadcasting a playlist shared from the machine that normally broadcasts the station which, for some unknown reason, is not allowing me access (information that no one needs to know, blah, blah, blah, I know).

Even though the laptop I have here has been acting up, I feel that after putting Craig through all of that I have to at least try to do a live broadcast.

So I'm going to try to do a live broadcast: it will be from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. here in Northern Europe, which translates to 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. on the East Coast of the U.S., and 8 a.m. - 12 noon on the West Coast.

There will defintely be a glitch when I switch the stream, probably in the form of a song skipping, or a song becoming a completely different song right in the middle (think of it as BAGeL Radio's first 'mash-up'), but it will work. It will work. It will work. I have to keep telling myself that. Even though I have done many remote broadcasts, including from Los Angeles (Venice Beach and Eagle Rock), New York (Manhattan and Queens), Freeport, IL., Japan (Nagano), Palm Springs, CA., and Austin, TX., the laptop has never been quite as skittish as it's being here in Norway, so I am a little nervous.

Please do tune in and let me know how it sounds (see the "480 Minutes" post below for contact info).

Thanks!

Ted

PS-I am publishing the initial batch of Oslo photos to Flickr -- these are not music-related, just photos of the city. Here are a couple of samples:


Christian Krohg Statue along Karl Johan's Gate


Tiger Statue outside Oslo Central Station

*I am in Oslo because Misty had a business trip here. Since she's been doing such an incredible amount of work travel lately (and, of course, an amazing job) that her company decided to reward her by letting her bring me along to Norway. She's been stuck in an office most of the time so far, which is why my photos are mainly of buildings and things, but we will have time to explore the city together starting tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to that.

No comments: