Click the play button above to tune in.

Click this link for more listening options.

Sign up for our mailing list: https://bit.ly/BAGeLNews

Blog below & at bagelradio.com/blog

Monday, November 06, 2006

Back Home

After weeks of traveling I am back home and boy did it feel nice to sleep in my own bed last night!

I am currently staring with dread at several stacks of manila envelopes containing CDs and wondering how I will possibly be able to catch up and listen to all of them, especially with the BAGeL Radio RockScene shows starting this week. Helping to overcome the dread is the knowledge that amongst the hundreds of CDs will be several albums I have been looking forward to including the new Clinic album, plus numerous gems I don't know about yet.

Before I forget, there is an addition to the November BAGeL Radio live on-air acoustic sessions -- Australian band The Grates will be here on Wednesday, November 15th, performing live. The other scheduled performances include Ted from The Heavenly States this Thursday (11/9), Bon Savants (from NY/Boston) next Monday (11/13), Elephone on Thursday 11/16 during "480 Minutes," and Matt Lutz of The Herms on Tuesday 11/28.

Anyway, the 2006 CMJ Music Marathon in New York was a blast. No new hardware for the BAGeL Radio trophy case, I'm afraid -- BAGeL Radio did not win an award this year. The station was nominated in the Best College Internet Station category, which was way cool. That award went to the deserving KEXP, by the way. I did get to sit on a panel at the lovely Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center with representatives from ClearChannel, Sirius, XM, Hot97 (NY), and OutThink, which was a pleasure, an honor, and more than just a little bizarre.

Speaking of awards, if you have not yet done so, please hie thee over to the PLUG Awards site and nominate BAGeL Radio in any and all categories you deem appropriate.

I have not yet sorted through most of the CMJ photos, but when I do you will be able to find them amongst my Flickr photo sets.

No comments: