Click the play button above to tune in.

Click this link for more listening options.

Sign up for our mailing list: https://bit.ly/BAGeLNews

Blog below & at bagelradio.com/blog

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It's Nice Having Friends

From my friend Willo:
So, I don't normally send out requests of this nature, but this is an urgent issue and I could really use your help!

I think you all know what a huge music fan I am, and chances are at some point I've told you about a band I'm loving or a new album I can't stop listening to... and hopefully through my passion, I've been able to turn you on to some great new music, too! Well, I owe SO much of this to my friend Ted & his awesome online radio station, BAGeL Radio.

A few days ago Misty (Ted's wife) broke the news to us that Ted wasn't going to be able to go to SXSW this year, and honestly the first thing I thought was: UNACCEPTABLE! (If you're not familiar with SXSW, it stands for South by Southwest, and it's THE music festival of the year in Austin, TX. And it commences next Wednesday, March 12th - hence the urgency!).

I thought, you've got to be kidding me, Ted has done SO much for all of us over the last five years.... and by 'us' I mean everyone from the music community, to friends and listeners around the world... that surely if we all just pitch in a little bit, we can get him there!

I could go on in terms of all that Ted has done, i.e. what a powerful voice he's been in continuing the effort for internet radio freedom (i.e. ensuring we're not stuck with only Clear Channel stations the rest of our lives), but suffice to say, he's amazing, and he deserves every little bit of support we can offer him! So I ask you, please, please take a minute to just give even a little bit (or a lot) & help us in the effort to get get BAGeL Radio Ted to SXSW this year!

Thank you in advance... and if you would, please spread the word as time is of the essence! We can do this! :)
xo
w

p.s. If you donate and would like to demand I make you a mixed CD and/or that I send you a list of my favorite bands of the moment every month for the next year or something, I will totally do that! Anything to get our man Ted to SXSW, because guess what? He will be the one who turns me on to my future bands of the moment that I therein turn you on to! It's a win win! :)
Hear Willo's audio plea here.

No comments: