Click the play button above to tune in.

Click this link for more listening options.

Sign up for our mailing list: https://bit.ly/BAGeLNews

Blog below & at bagelradio.com/blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Fuzzy Road #107

©  stevechapmanphoto.com
Garage rock and psychedelia have always held a fascination for me.  As a child it showed up in my life often enough but had passed as a 'movement' making it was hard to find at the time.  By the time I found myself spending time and my allowance at record stores (I did not become a crate-digger until my teens), I was more interested in the punk and new wave and post-punk records of that period. Fortunately for me people got around to collecting tons of the rare bits on compilations like Nuggets and the Rubble Collection and the Back From The Grave series, which allowed me to revisit and discover music from back in the day.

The Fuzzy Road radio show connects the music of the original era with its descendants through the decades.  The weekly garage and psych rock program is a live-hosted, award-winning, commercial-free wander through the fuzz.  Join us every Tuesday beginning at 2:50pm Eastern U.S. Time.

Today's Fuzzy Road radio show will feature songs by The Beatles (pictured being beaten), The Stone Roses, Captain Beefheart, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Southern Swamp, Fuzz, The Electric Prunes, and more.

The Beatles (and a young boxer named Cassius Clay)
The Fuzzy Road radio show is live-hosted on Tuesday afternoons, with re-broadcasts beginning at 10:50 p.m. Tuesday and 4:50 a.m. Wednesday -- Fuzzy #107.

#‎garagepunk #‎psychrock

PS- RIP CC aka Ali

No comments: