Click the play button above to tune in.

Click this link for more listening options.

Sign up for our mailing list: https://bit.ly/BAGeLNews

Blog below & at bagelradio.com/blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Outside Lands Fesitval

I am thrilled that I will get to walk from my house to see Radiohead tomorrow. While one might think such serendipity could only happen once in a lifetime, the fact is I walked from my apartment in The Fens to see Radiohead at Venus de Milo in 1993 when they played in support of their debut album, Pablo Honey. You know, back when "Creep" was the only song of theirs anyone knew, and I was a DJ at that venue.

This weekend they'll be playing at the Outside Lands Fesitval in Golden Gate Park, a venue that abuts my current neighborhood, The Richmond District.

Bands I am looking forward to seeing include:

Friday: Lyrics Born, Black Keys, Cold War Kids, Beck, Radiohead
Saturday: Steve Winwood, The Coup, Liars, Walkmen, Devandra Banhart, M. Ward, Two Gallants
Sunday: (well, I'm not going Sunday, but if I was going on Sunday...) Broken Social Scene, Andrew Bird, Stars, and Rogue Wave.

No comments: